I have a confession to make. Whenever I see advertisements for hair products featuring women with long silky hair, I sigh with envy. Long hair has always been fascinating for me, but trying to grow my hair the same way has been a nightmare. Split ends, roughness, hair fall and other demons fill this nightmare and I feel like I have no place to turn to.
It can be a very long and frustrating process, this growing of hair! I’ve been looking for help on how to grow hair fast because I really don’t have the patience to let it take its own time. Luckily, I’ve been given some good advice from girls who actually have tresses worth dying for and I’m going to share these tips with you.
How To Grow Hair Fast – 10 Invaluable Tips
These are the top 10 methods that I’ve been using for how to grow hair fast. Don’t take my word for it, try them yourself!
- Nutrition: Include protein and iron rich food in your diet. Poultry, eggs, meat and leafy vegetables, along with food rich in fatty acid and vitamins are essential for the health of your hair. Eat lots of almonds, walnuts, fish and soy too!
- Trimming: Split ends need to be trimmed every 6-8 weeks so that they don’t cause damage to the rest of your hair. A split end can grow, and more splits can develop on existing ones.
- Cleanliness: Keeping your hair and scalp clean makes a huge difference, as blocked hair roots and follicles can slow the growth of hair. If your scalp accumulates dust and oils, this is bound to happen.
- Circulation: Heat some oil in the microwave and massage it into your scalp 2-3 times a month. This increases the circulation in your scalp, and stimulates the hair follicles. Also, flip your hair upside down while drying it, as this increases the blood flow to your scalp.
- De-Stress: Stress is a huge factor affecting hair loss. Include deep breathing exercises, yoga or meditation in your daily routine and you’ll see the difference in your hair within weeks.
- Condition: Keeping hair well-conditioned is essential to its growth. Apply conditioner to the ends of your hair, avoiding the scalp, and rinse with cold water after 5-10 minutes. This seals the moisture in, and keeps your hair from getting dry.
- Hair Packs: These are excellent products for hair nourishment and care. You can make your own with mashed avocado or beat an egg and apply it on your scalp. Shampoo off after 20 minutes.
- Avoid Brushing: Use a wide comb to separate hair when it’s damp, and avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet, or you could end up with damaged and split hair.
- Go Natural: Try and avoid using chemical products, pick organic ones instead. The natural ingredients in them are much better for the health of your hair, and do not leave a chemical residue either.
- Minimize Styling: Hair styling treatments and frequent use of styling products will definitely cause damage, so keep them to a minimum.
Do you think you can use any of the above mentioned tips? Do write to me.