Since time immemorial clay has been known for its usefulness in pottery and ceramics. Ancient civilizations, however, not only used clay for pottery but also to enhance their Health And Beauty. Clay is derived from the earth and it contains variable properties that are imparted to it in the form of inorganic and organic particles. In the modern world, the benefits of clay in the beauty sector are being increasingly recognised in the form of clay masks and other treatments.
Types Of Clay And Their Benefits
Clay can be categorized into four categories – blue, green, white and red. The various colours are due to the different mineral compositions of clay.
- Blue clay is not only beneficial for your own health and beauty, but also for your better half (you always want him to look the best). Blue clay contains phosphate, iron, silica, magnesium and calcium that help in smoothing out wrinkles, treating acne and pimples and removes freckles.
- Green clay contains silver, calcium, zinc, copper, cobalt and phosphorous. You can use it as an antiseptic and is good for oily skins since it absorbs the fats and impurities. It helps you in removing the dead cells and makes the skin fresh, radiant and soft.
- White clay enriches the skin with mineral content after removing the toxins and absorbing all the waste products which include dead cells and excessive fat. You can use it irrespective of the nature of skin you possess. It is mostly found in skin care products, deodorants, soaps, powder, etc.
- If you are suffering from skin irritation and you possess a sensitive skin, then red clay is perfect for you. It gets you rid of allergies. It also prevents pimples and acne.
Benefits To Health And Beauty
Apart from the types of clay that are mentioned above, there are other benefits as listed below:
- A popular clay called Bentonite, which is also known as Montmorillonite, is found in volcanic ash and is used to prevent the absorption of toxins in the alimentary tract.
- In the case of mercury poisoning, Bentonite is extensively used.
- You may use it as a mineral supplement if you are suffering from the deficiency of the same as it contains about seventy trace minerals.
- Other uses of this clay are diarrhoea, haemorrhoids, anaemia and other intestinal problems.
- Sodium, potassium, zinc, selenium, aluminium is constituents for this particular type. It possesses anti-inflammatory and analgesic values.
- It may help you in treating muscle aches and rheumatism.
- Illite contains organic matter along with a combination of other minerals.
- Again, French green clay can be used to get rid of the body toxins. To do so, you need to mix clay powder with 8 ounces of water and drink the mixture on an empty stomach.
- You may use Bentonite, Kaolin, and Green clay as beauty masks to tone and smoothes the skin and also to improve the circulation.
Now that you know the vast benefits of clay and the wonders it can work, I am sure you will use them and have better health and an everlasting beauty. I would love to know your views. Leave me a comment or email and tell me all about it.