“If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature’s way” – Aristotle.
How true! Nature’s way has been the right way since time immemorial.
Nature’s Way with Cosmetics
Natural mineral makeup adapts to this principle beautifully. It is made from finely milled ores of minerals and iron found naturally in the earth’s crust. It is “green” and “natural” in many ways – a total contrast to the artificial chemical cosmetics of yester years.
Advantages of Natural Mineral Makeup
Several advantages of natural makeup can be enumerated; but we are going to jot down just a few here:
- Mineral makeup does not contain toxic chemicals and compounds. It is not mass-produced in laboratories like chemical cosmetics.
- It is not composed of purely organic substances either, so it is free from preservatives, bacteria, pesticides/insecticides etc.
- No animals are harmed during the manufacture of mineral makeup products.
- It is relatively safe for skin. Application of mineral makeup does not result in skin irritations, acne, rashes. Being safe and mild, mineral powders are commonly used even in baby sunscreens and baby bug repellant creams.
- Minerals like titanium dioxide and zinc oxides, when used in sparring quantities in cosmetic products, act as natural sunscreens. They not only provide a protective filtering screen over the skin, but completely block the sun’s harmful UV rays. So today, mineral sun protection is catching on.
- These minerals are also water-resistant, which means makeup can stay on longer, in different kinds of weather. Whether you are indoors or outdoors, mineral makeup keeps you looking gorgeous all day through.
- If the zinc and titanium quantities are minimal (as per guidelines given by regulatory bodies like FDA in US), then the shimmer or shine is less.
- Mineral makeup brands cater to a variety of skin types and tones, so you can always find something that suits your skin and needs.
- You can mix and match makeup – mix loose mineral powders with any cream bases or even with natural oils, to derive your own product.
- It comes in loose and pressed powder form; hence it does not cake off after application. It is easy to brush on or dust on – you can touch up your makeup easily, anywhere, on the go.
- It gives you a natural look, a silky smooth natural finish. It has an airbrushed quality about it.
- Natural mineral makeup is produced and marketed by global giant companies like bareMinerals, Escentuals, Youngblood, Revlon, which strive to maintain top quality and purity.
- Mineral makeup proves more economical to the manufacturing companies, since they can be manufactured with relative ease and with considerable profit margins.
- Compared to organic beauty products, natural makeup products are reasonably priced.
- A huge variety of mineral makeup is readily available; you can buy at specialized boutiques, retail stores or buy them online with no hassles.
So embrace the natural way, embrace the goodness of nature, embrace Mineral makeup! And if you would like to share your experience of natural makeups, then do write to me.