My affair with make up started as early as I started going to kinder garden. I had a very good hand at painting. Once I used my Mom’s makeup products on my young skin to experiment. From that day on till today, makeup has been an important part of my routine. I have constantly kept myself abreast with all the latest trends in makeup. I am so adept in it now that I can easily give make up lessons for professional makeovers!
Make Up Lessons for a Sparkling “You”
Make up enhances your natural features. It adds a sparkle to your skin and boosts your confidence. If you are looking for a professional makeover, but do not know how to go about it, you have come to the right place. Before I give you make up tips, always remember this:
- Skin: A healthy skin looks beautiful. Hence, it’s necessary to follow the routine of cleansing, moisturizing and toning without any fail before application of make up. Similarly, do not forget to remove your make up before going to bed. If you don’t follow this, sooner or later the make up residue will result in break outs or acne.
- Make up products: While using makeup products, make sure to get good quality brands. Try including natural and organic products so that they don’t harm your skin.
Makeup Application Tips
- Cleanse your face with cleansing milk. Apply moisturizer evenly on your face and neck and allow it to soak into the skin.
- The next step is to apply a foundation. The foundation should match the colour of your skin. If you want your foundation to last for a long time, apply a primer before applying the foundation. For a professional touch, apply foundation with a foundation brush. Start from your forehead and work it down.
- If you have dark circles below your eyes or blemishes on your skin, apply a concealer. The concealer should again match the colour of your skin. A concealer will conceal your dark circles and uneven skin perfectly. Use a small brush while applying a concealer; if necessary use your fingertips for blending. This will give you a smooth, flawless skin.
- Choose a lip liner and lipstick which will match your dress. If you want a natural look, apply neutral shade lipstick and lip liner. If you are blessed with perfect rosy lips, using lip balm, instead of lipstick.
- For highlighting your eyes, use eye liner. Alternately, you can use mascara too. The eye shadow colour should match the overall makeup.
- After finishing the above steps, if you want to add contour to your face, use a foundation which will be darker than your skin shade. Dab this foundation on your cheekbones and check out a “new” you in the mirror.
You may take a bit extra time when you apply make up for the first time. However, with practice you will hardly take 10 to 15 minutes.
Do leave me a comment below to let me know if this article has been useful for you.