I have been hearing about airbrush makeup for quite a while now, and recently I decided to check what all the fuss is about. I spoke to a professional makeup artist who works in the film industry and told me that it has become one of the most popular methods of makeup application with makeup artists these days. It’s also gaining popularity for personal makeup application, especially in recent years.
Airbrush make up is a technique of make up where the make up is sprayed onto the skin using a small airbrush, as an alternative to regular make up which is applied with a brush, sponge or fingertips.
It is most commonly used in the entertainment industry, and has been popular since ‘Ben Hur’! The movie was one of the first to use airbrushed pigments to create the right look for the actors in it. This make up technique is in high demand for the flawless finish it creates. Some of the other popular applications of this method are:
- Temporary tattoos: Airbrush tattoos are very fashionable, as they are not permanent and can be changed every time. Also, it’s painless, for those of us who are scared of needles!
- Cover-Ups: For people who have scars, blemishes, tattoos and other marks that they need to cover, for work or otherwise, airbrush makeup is the most popular option.
- Sunless Tanning: It’s definitely the most amazing way to use tanning and bronzing products, as it covers skin beautifully, gives an even effect and covers large areas of the body easily.
Benefits Of Airbrush Make Up
The application of makeup using these small compressors to spray the product on skin has many advantages over most regular methods of makeup application. Whether it is for professional or personal use, airbrush make up has some incredible benefits, which include:
- It contains fine pigments, which cover flaws and blemishes evenly, and creates a flawless application of foundation on your face.
- You can choose the amount of coverage you want with single or multiple layers. The makeup you apply is not at all heavy and you feel like it’s barely there!
- It makes blending very easy, and you don’t end up with the ‘pancake’ effect, which looks tacky.
- It makes makeup application very quick, so you don’t spend as much time in front of the mirror every day, getting your makeup right.
- It makes your skin look younger and smoother, can cover wrinkles, fine lines and age spots much better than any conventional products or methods.
- Since you are not using brushes or fingers to touch your skin, it prevents the possibility of infection through contaminated surfaces. This is one of the most hygienic methods of applying makeup, and many skin experts agree that it’s the best way to avoid rashes and skin diseases.
Well, those benefits sound good, don’t they? If you are going to try using the airbrush method, leave a comment to let me know how you felt about it. I’d love to hear your feedback!