I always had a fancy for long curly hair styles. I got my hair curled for the vacation season. It looked just absolutely wonderful. My whole look changed. What’s more, even people with whom I am “just acquainted” started complimenting me on my new hair do. Though I was happy, I was equally tensed as I did not know how to style curly hair or how to take care of them! Hence, I headed to hair specialist who provided some invaluable tips to manage curls.
Tips to Manage Long Curly Hair Styles
I am sure that many women find managing curly hair to be quite a task. I can already see my women friends with curly hair nodding their heads with me. You need not worry anymore. Just follow the tips below and you will find a great difference.
- Taking care of your curly hair begins from the basic action of washing your hair. Usually curly hair tends to be dry. So select a proper shampoo which will moisturize your hair. Avoid chemical based shampoos. Use organic, natural shampoos.
- After shampooing your hair, do not forget to apply conditioner. Conditioning is a must to tame the wild curly hair. Start from the tips of the hair and work up to the roots. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it properly.
- Avoid using hair dryer, as this will make your hair dry and rough. Let your hair dry naturally.
- Curly hair tangles very quickly. Use your finger tips to detangle your hair softly before using a comb.
- Use a fine tooth comb to brush your hair to remove all the knots and tangles from your hair.
- Long curly hair styles look stunning, if done properly. When you begin to style your hair, apply leave in conditioner and detangling serum.
- French braid looks good on curly hair. It’s something you can sleep with as well as go for formal dinner parties. Alternately, you can tie your hair in a bun too or simply keep it open.
- Do get your hair trimmed after every 3 months. This will help in removing the split-ends. For the good health of your curly hair, do go for protein treatment to a good hair specialist once in a while.
Curly hair also tends to get frizzier. So, you must apply an anti-frizz serum. I have personally tried all the tip mentioned above and was able to manage my hair without any hassles. Being a woman, I understand how important our hair is for our overall look. If you have perfect makeup on, but are suffering from bad hair day, it will mar your look!
I admit that styling curly hair is more difficult than other hair types, but curly hair styles get noticed and appreciated more than any other styles. There are many shampoos, conditioners, serums to make your task of styling curly hair easy. So, why not use them and have fun with your hair? Let me know what you say on this by leaving me a comment.