Let’s face the fact, we love hair colour! There is probably nothing that can change our style and outlook as quickly and effectively as upgrading the colour of our hair. It could be a temporary change or a permanent one, but we’ve all tried out something new at one time or the other.
The trouble is, at times our new hair colour does not look as good as we expected it to and fixing one of these beauty disasters can be quite painful, especially if we’ve used a permanent colouring product. Admit it, this is also something that you have dealt with if you have ever coloured your tresses. I know I have, more than once!
There is some basic advice and hair color ideas that will help to avoid these situations. Follow the tips below to pick out the best hair colour for you and never face a botched colour job again!
Hair Color Ideas and Tips
- When you are considering hair colour for the first time, try to keep it within one or two shades of your natural colour. This will look natural and will not be a drastic change, making it easier to get used to and carry with comfort.
- Speak to your stylist, get their advice and hair color ideas before deciding to colour your hair. Also, get it done professionally, unless you have coloured your hair yourself a few times in the past.
- Use online hair makeover programs to try on the colour you are considering. You can upload your own picture and change the hair colour, which is an excellent way to preview how you will look with it.
- Make sure that the hair colour you pick complements your skin tone. If you are warm-skinned, pick colours that have a yellow, golden or copper hue to them. For cool-skinned women who are very fair, colours with a blue, pink or silver tinge to them are the most effective.
- Try highlights to change the look of your hair if you are not sure about colouring them completely. They are a great way to add some spice to your look without drastically overhauling it!
- If you are colouring the roots of your hair to cover greys, pick a hair colour that is closest to your natural shade. This will ensure that you do not need to colour your whole head and you will use smaller amounts of the product too.
- Take the colour of your eyes into account as well, because the right hair colour can make them look bright and beautiful, while the wrong ones can do the opposite. If you have blue or grey eyes, rich shades of blonde and golden browns will look lovely, while burgundy, rich red and mahogany work beautifully with brown or green eyes.
The best advice for a first-time colour change is to keep it simple and speak to a professional. If you’re looking to go a little wilder, try a shade of red for starters, as it still looks natural. Most importantly, enjoy the new colour and the change of style it gives you!
I hope you found these tips helpful and I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment or email and tell me all about it.