The skin is an organ. And just like the other organs in your body, it needs regular care. Most of us want a beautiful skin for the aesthetic aspect. But, of course, it doesn’t happen overnight. You don’t need regular visits to spas or to go under the knife to take care of your skin. Skin care is something you can do on your own without too much hassle.
5 Tips for Skin Care
1. Daily Cleansing Routine – This includes cleansing and toning. A good cleanser will get rid of the dirt and grime that naturally collects on the skin. Ensure that the cleanser you use is suited to your skin type or you could end up doing more harm than good. Next comes the toner. A good toner will clean out the dirt that your cleanser might have missed. It also tightens the pores and gives your skin a fresh look.
2. Moisturize – An important but under-rated step in the skin care process. A good moisturizer after cleansing and toning will keep your skin soft and supple. But again, make sure the product you choose is made for your particular skin type.
3. Exfoliating – New skin is constantly forming. But where does the old skin go? The answer is ‘nowhere’. While some old skin will naturally fall off when you wash it, dead skin cells just remain on the surface of your skin, acting as a layer of dirt. You have to actively get rid of them to reveal the younger skin underneath. But make sure that the product you use is not too harsh or it could damage your skin.
4. Drink Water – The best nutrition for your skin is water. Dehydration can cause dull skin, acne, and speed up aging. Keep your body constantly hydrated and you’ll see better skin in just weeks. Note though that juices, sodas and energy drinks do not count as hydration.
5. Sleep – Lack of sleep is a modern disease. Hectic work hours and lifestyles mean that most people today sleep for only five to six hours a night. If you don’t sleep enough, your body does not get the chance to relax and rejuvenate. So make sure you get at least eight hours. And try to sleep in on the weekend.
There is no better make-up than beautiful skin. So take these steps now to ensure that your skin is healthy and ever-glowing.