A friend of mine called me the other day and gave me some great news. She had decided to open her own hair and beauty salon! I was super-excited because she’s been training for beauty treatments and procedures since she was in school and has loved makeup since she was a child.
Well, she basically wanted some advice on how to make her salon a hit among customers. While the construction was underway, she had gone through a long list of beauty salon equipment and supplies, wasn’t quite sure which ones were the best to pick and wanted an opinion on what would be considered essential in a salon.
Well, I’m a girl who loves her beauty treatments, so I visit salons quite frequently. Together, we came up with this list of ten essential items for any salon to be a crowd-pleaser and why.
10 Essential Items of Beauty Salon Equipment
- Reception Desk: This is the first piece of furniture that any customer will see and makes all the difference when you are creating a professional effect. A well-planned reception area where someone can greet customers creates a great first impression.
- Comfortable Waiting Chairs: A well-designed waiting area with comfortable chairs, tables and reading material is part of any successful salon. This is the area where customers can wait for their turn, or people who have accompanied them can spend their waiting time in comfort.
- Working Chairs: If you are going to run a top class beauty salon, you need comfortable chairs for haircutting, styling and any other beauty procedures for clients. These chairs should be adjustable for height and you want them to look really good too!
- Wash Basins: You need wash basins where you can shampoo and wash customers’ hair. Make sure that these are at a height that can be reached easily and not too low either, so that your customer’s neck is not being strained while leaning their head into it.
- Trolleys and Utensil Trays: These are the best tools for storing beauty salon equipment and movable trolleys are a great way to get equipment from one area of the salon to the other.
- Storage: Cupboards and drawers are necessary for storing tools, products, towels and equipment. Other than functional space, they can also be painted and decorated to enhance the stylish appeal of your salon.
- Dryers: For any salon, hair dryer is a must. This means that you need to have handheld dryers and hood dryers too, so that customers can sit and relax while their hair is being treated.
- Couches: These may not seem essential, but did you ever try getting a body massage or wrap while you were sitting in a chair? You need a place where customers can lie down for these luxurious treatments.
- Sterilization equipment: Autoclaves and cold sterilization equipment is a necessity, as all instruments need to be disinfected and sterilized to avoid any chances of infection or disease.
- Nail Stations: Every girl loves her manicures and pedicures, so a nail station is needed any place where these treatments are offered.
If you find something important to add to the list then write to me or leave a comment here.